Monday, December 24, 2007


The picture above is of a doll house my grandparents made for me for my 5th birthday. All of the furniture was made from bottle caps, bits and bobs of stuff they had saved. The sink was one of those shallow plastic jelly containers from a restaurant. My grandmother was forever saving me little containers and do-dads to make new things for my doll house. I decorated and redecorated that cardboard dollhouse for the next 6 years at least. I think it was my favorite present ever.
Last week, my brother bought his own little house. A real house! I am so excited for him and for the future this house represents. 
We are off to Florida today to spend time with my family. Although I never lived in their Florida house, it does feel like home. There's no place like home for the holidays!

Wishing all of you the blessings of faith and family. Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the warm FL weather!!

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful gift! I wish I could see the furniture!