Thursday, March 20, 2008

Check This Out! Great Paper Folding Toys


Every year when I was little my mom would buy us these punch out Nativity books. My brother and I would be busy building these little Nativity scenes and my mom could get a few things done.

I still love the idea of folding paper tabs to create stuff.



Recently, I was invited to join stumble by someone who reads my other blog and what fun it is!

It recommends websites based on your interests. It's an amazing time waster.

And, in my case, a great way to procrastinate writing a grant that my principal gave me on Wednesday afternoon. It's due tomorrow. Her exact words were, "I'm going to be gone all day Thursday, but your such a great writer, you can come up with something and we'll work on it Friday."

Anyway, I digress, back to cute folding things.

So, I stumbled upon this amazing vintagey paper folding site where you can print and cut out all sorts of adorable goodies. There are even goodies for Easter. I can't show you any pictures here yet. I am going to be printing, and folding tomorrow night. Tonight, I am still under the illusion that I might work on that grant.

I was thrilled to discover the designer Marilyn Scott Waters, is an Angelino. I feel like when I discovered another local artist, Ramona Otto. The only difference was that I stumbled upon Ramona's work for real, in real life, at the Craft & Folk Art Museum.

I am thinking of printing this for my Easter table. Maybe, you prefer sophisticated butterflies?

I want this too.

I am so glad we just got a new printer!

1 comment:

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I think that the bunny box is best for Easter. The butterflies will be nice for Spring in general. I like the bears with the cart too! What a great find!