Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Thought

OK, still obsessing on how to paint the new play kitchen.

I agree- it should be gender neutral. Also, I thought a lot about Lori's comment that it should look good in grown up areas of the house.

I was browsing a local paint shop and discovered a faux stone finish, chalkboard paint and even magnetic paint. This cabinet has nice big flat panels on either side which would be fun for a chalkboard/ magnet area.

Is a black play kitchen with faux granite "counter tops" too sophisticated for kids? Would they like it? I have some nice black check fabric for the cupboard curtain. Kind of country French?

Curbside Cabinet
The whole front is different now. There is an oven and a small cupboard on the right and a curtained shelf area on the left, but this pic shows the carved legs.

Any other ideas?

Updated to add: It's a kitcheny kind of day! The Pink Kitchen is featured today on Design Dazzle!

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I think country French sounds adorable! And I think chalkboard paint would be fun on it. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sweet Caroline said...

Yes...thank you to design dazzle--I love this blog. I am trying to figure out how to follow you..

I can't wait to sit all day and look at your creations. This is going to be so fun!

Mama Said Sew said...

I'm sure it'll be adorable, no matter what color you decide on. We used chalkboard paint on DS's train table and it was a huge hit. Can't wait to see how your little kitchen turns out. :)

Unknown said...

OH so many ideas to put out there...I am not because I don't want to change what happens with you! I love what you came up with the first piece so I will sit back and wait! Sorry...no help here!

HollyLynne said...

when i saw your photo on flickr just now my first thought was faux granite. i think it would be great! very authentic for kids who want things JUST LIKE mom and dad's. And it would blend in well in a living room too!