Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Dad!

It was my dad's birthday last week. I was so strapped for gift ideas that I delayed... and delayed. Once I missed the deadline for mailing something anyway, I decided to procrastinate some more. I am actually glad I did. I found a few things for him while at the garage sales this weekend. As the week went on I found more and more fun things to add to his package. It's amazing how things present themselves once the pressure is off.

My favorite thing is this card:
CARD

It says "Sponge Cake Square Pans." My dad has a little Spong Bob collection and I happened to make him cupcakes as part of his gift, so it's absolutely perfect. It's made by this hilarious card maker Cara Scissoria. She blends kitch, current pop culture and retro graphics. They sell them at my video store. I never mind waiting in line because I can check out the cards. This one was a favorite last year.

Tomorrow, my recipe for upside down pineapple cupcakes!

No comments: