Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Old Favorite in a New Home

Wallpapered fridge

I have some new ideas for my blogs and come vacation (two weeks!!) I am going to switch it up a bit. Anyway, I am moving the non teaching posts from my old blog over here. Cliff has been doing all of the cooking for nearly a year now. (I know! I am so lucky!) When I go on my summer break, I am going to take back the reigns and this may be my first meal. It's an old favorite of ours. I hope you enjoy!

Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes: Easy Recipes in 15, 20, and 30 MinutesThis is a cookbook that I borrowed from the library. It was so good that I needed to own it. It has lots of easy, varried, healthy dishes. Every recipe has a picture. I love that.

We use our George Forman Grill almost daily, so I modify my recipes for that.

Here is a favorite:

WW Make It in Minutes Salmon with Fresh Tomato-Basil Relish

Relish
2 tomatos, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil ( I have used a couple of cubes of frozen Basil from Trader Joes.)
1 small garlic clove minced (Again, I use frozen garlic cubes from Trader Joes.)
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 t salt
1/8 t black pepper
Mix together in a small bowl. Set aside to let the flavors mix. You can also warm this up if desired.

Salmon-

2 6oz salmon fillets (I use frozen salmon fillets from Costco.)
1/4 t ground cumin
1/4 t olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper

I coat the salmon with a bit of oil and sprinkle on the seasonings. Then I grill on the George and top with the tomato relish. Just a few minutes and it's done.

1 comment:

jodi said...

We were given a George Forman grill for Christmas 2 years ago and have yet to pull it out. I may have to pull it out now!