Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Piper!

Molly Birthday

Nobody likes birthdays more than my friend Piper. Happy Birthday Dear Friend! May this year be your best yet!

Molly is celebrating Piper's birthday with a special party hat. To make the hat, I rolled a piece of card stock into a cone shape. Then while holding the cone shape with one hand, I carefully trimmed the extra paper and made the bottom edge even. I used wonder under fusible web to attach fabric to the card stock. Using hot glue I secured the cone and with a bit of of bias tape and more hot glue, I finished off the edge. To make the scrappy pom pom, I took a bunch of 3" strips and secured them in the middle with an elastic band. Next, I fluffed the strips into a pom pom-ish shape and glued it to the hat. Molly Monkey has no chin, so I had to safety pin the hat on! Ouch! It's tough to be a party monkey.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute party hat. I hope you enjoy celebrating the Piper's birthday. Birthdays are fun.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Hi-
Piper loves Molly! So did everyone at our Jersey celebration! We wish you, Mr. Little, and Lady Monkey were here with us!
Love,
Kate

Anonymous said...

I do love Molly, and birthdays too! Kate gave me a hat similar to Molly's to wear on my big day. WE had a great time, but still wish you were here. Thanks for all the birthday surprises. The answer was "Yes"
Love,
Piper

Anonymous said...

Oh...I forgot...My mom thinks you are very creative and should sell some of your masterpieces.
Piper