Friday, September 11, 2009

Inspiration

Photobucket
Today is Inspiration Saturday over at the Boutelle Family Zoo. I find my inspiration from dozens of sources. Here are just a few.

I have an entire flickr set devoted magazine photos that inspire me.
red and white bath

I love these curtains! And, I do have a bit of that check on my shoe bench.

Peach Peeks Out
My colorful Crayons inspire me daily.
Bits N Pieces Swap
The creative spark of swaps is what got me back into crafting after many dry years.
Molly Monkey Twins With Lady Monkey
The amazing patterns and tutorials online and my favorite things from childhood have fueled my sewing passion.
Flowers
The beauty of my state continues to amaze me. This is a good thing, because the organization and money management of my state is mind numbing.
Saving Every Little Bit
Little odd treasures remind me of my depression era grandmother and make thrifting more than just a money saver or something to blog about. These little things inspire me to live simply and to have gratitude for the abundance that I do have.
Hollywood UMC from Highland
Speaking of gratitude and abundance, my church has really been a source of inspiration and light this summer. I have joined a few new committees and am meeting lots of new people. Working and living in a big city, there is so much that is below average or just meeting standards. It's inspirational to go to church and see people working to live out Christ's message of love and hope and pushing for excellence as a way to honor Him.
Birthday Trip
Looking forward with this guy. Here we are in the mountains above Ojai. Just spending time together inspires me to live life to the fullest.

What inspires you?

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Hi Jane.
Thank you so much for joining me today. I love that everyone's inspiration comes from different sources. I guess it would be pretty boring if we were all inspired by the same things. Right?!
Your post is wonderful. Beauty is all around us, and sometimes it's nice to take a second and open our eyes to it.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

XO*Tricia

Lucy Marie said...

What a great list of inspirations!

Gwen said...

I love what you said on my blog, "The world is a playground for the easily inspired." It is so true.

It is so nice to meet a kindred spirit and see what makes ya tick.

Lynnelle said...

I loved reading your post today. Your postings this week inspired me to get back to creating my scrapbook pages and tonight I did 10 layouts! Thank you for the things you say each day.

Hope your weekend was a great one!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HI Jane!
Great inspirations! I enjoyed that...adn I yoo love a box of colors!

Ruth said...

I love this post.

Ruth