Monday, March 1, 2010

Sew Liberated Emmeline Apron

I made this Sew Liberated Emmeline Apron for a shower gift.
Cook Book Cover

It was an easy pattern and there is so much I like about it. This is a very feminine apron. But mine has a wonky top edge. I am going to gift it in spite of this wonky ripple. Of course that could be me. It might just be ill fitting on me. My body isn't best suited for empire bust lines. Maybe it's ripply because I cut that part on the bais? Too much stretch? I do not know. It has been ironed a few times. Any thoughts on this?

Anyway, this apron also happens to be black and white so I am joining in on Angry Chicken's Tie One On theme of Black and White. When she posts the slide show, I'll update this post. In the meantime, pop on over to Tie One On and check out all the other fantastic themes.

8 comments:

Anne said...

I've made that apron a number of times. If I remember correctly, you're supposed to put interfacing between the top trim pieces to keep them from doing that ...?

mommieof4munchkins said...

Not sure about the ripples but my bff made this for me and I am VERY busty but she added 3 inches to the bodice and it fits me perfect. We were making them together and I wrote on my bodice pieces "big boobie bodice", we giggled over that one for quite awhile. I LOVE mine!

Nutsy Coco said...

Very cute! I love the black/white/red combination. Not sure about the ripply effect.

The Oxford Family said...

I love it! Very pretty!

Kim said...

Very cute. I love the black and white.

HollyLynne said...

Love the big red sash against the black and white print!

Mama Said Sew said...

Great colors!

When I gift something that's a bit wonky, I usually include this disclaimer...."The charm of something handmade is in it's imperfections."

Frugal Home Designs said...

That is so pretty. I love it.