Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunday Is Here

Hello Old Friends,

I think I am finally back. 

During lent my pastor gave a sermon during which she said, "Today is Friday, but Sunday is coming!" This summer was one long Friday. Personally, professionally, amongst my dearest friends, and in my family there was a lot of pain. Usually I roll with the punches pretty well, but this was different. So much so, it killed my creativity- and my favorite source of stress relief. Thus no blogging.

But...today is Sunday!

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.    - Jeremiah 29:11

For the past few years I have been working *very* hard to be completely honest with myself about "wants" and "needs."  I really, really, really wanted a house with a garage so that I could peruse my interest in woodworking more. The balcony workshop was great and all, but a bit limiting. I really, really wanted my own house so I could have a washing machine that didn't need half a dozen quarters!And, more than anything I wanted a change. I just felt stuck.



On the very darkest of all days, the Lord set in motion a move for us. And move we did!

Friends of ours from church where also in need of a change and long story short, they moved to Texas and we moved into their *AWESOME* apartment! 

No, it's not the house I wanted, perhaps it's better.  God's plan was better than mine.

I am taking nearly a month of furlough days this year. That ends up being nearly a ten percent pay cut. I am super thankful not to have a mortgage that's a stretch right now.

We have only been in the apartment for 1 week, but here is my list of things I love already:

10. High ceilings! 
9. Lots of windows! I had no idea I had spent the last seven years living in the dark.
8. Laundry hook up! (We don't have a washer yet- any front loader, stack-able recommendations?)
7. A tree full of humming birds right outside my window.
6. A courtyard full of plants.
5. Quiet, adult neighbors.
    (No late night parties on the roof top pool deck also known as my former bedroom ceiling.)
4. I can paint the walls! More on that to come. I haven't wasted a second.
3. Storage! We have a garage storage unit- and side by side garage parking.
2. It's close to my school! A world away, but only 2.5 miles. My commute is only 7 minutes.

And the number 1 favorite thing:


A craft closet! We have seven closets! ( I know! Unbelievable! ) Seriously, Cliff and I walk around all day saying things like, "This is a miracle. I just can't believe WE actually get to live Here!!"





It feels so great to have a place for everything. It's truly a fresh start. The one I really did need.

Needless to say my creative juices are flowing! See you again real soon!

9 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Welcome back! I hope the new apartment is a sign that everything has changed for the better!

littlemissmk said...

yay SUNDAY! so happy to find you back here. i'm happy for your wonderful new apartment- and your craft closet is awesome! hope to read more from you soon. take care jane! :)

Unknown said...

Jane, I've wondered where you'd gone! I've missed your posts. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so tough for you, but I'm excited to hear about your new place--what a blessing! I can't wait to hear more about it!

jodi said...

It looks wonderful!

Molly said...

Missed your posts. Sorry for your struggles. Wow! What a great apartment. So happy for you. I know how it feels to want a house and
having to wait. However, the apartment sounds fabulous!!!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I've missed your blogging and am so glad you have returned! And, feel so sad for your struggles, too! It sounds like things are looking up with a fresh perspective--welcome back!!

Mama Said Sew said...

So glad to see you back Jane! The apartment sounds great. Nice to have a place for your crafting supplies. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

The Amusing Redhead said...

I am so happy to see you back Jane! Can wait to see what you come up with in your cool craft closet!

May God continue to richly bless you!

Kariann

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Glad you're back. There have been ups and downs in our extended family lately and everytime one of those downs comes, it totally kills my creativity and desire to be productive. I'm so glad you've been able to move into a nicer place. Your kitchen remodel looks awesome!