Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's Not An Otter- Easter Bunnys for My Girlies

Did I mention that I love being an aunt? Well I do. I have yet to meet either of my east coast nieces, but I think about them all the time and get updates as often as possible. My little Sweet Pea is out of the NICU, home and thriving! Ava Baby is also doing great. I follow her adventures on Facebook.
IMG_3375
Naturally, I wanted to send the babies something for Easter. I have been eyeing rabbit patterns for weeks. Then one Saturday night I was feeling anxious and in need of some sewing therapy. I chose what I thought would be the easiest pattern. This Chenille Easter Bunny, but it was getting late so I decided to wing it and estimate the pattern. I used some minky that I had on hand for one and a piece of pink minky-like fur for the other. Neither was very planned out.
IMG_3376
At the last minute, I decided to add some taggies to the pink one. But, since I wasn't really thinking, we have what looks like a one armed rabbit. When Cliff saw them he said that he liked the pink one best. Then he said, "It kind of looks like an otter." That Cliff.

IMG_3377
Sweet Pea and Ava Baby- somebunny in California loves you very much!

3 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I love them! So sweet and snuggly. :)

littlemissmk said...

ok these are adorable. and very very rabbit-y- totally not otters! ha! the tags are a great idea- the babes will love them!

sara said...

These are so cute!